To book a Clinic appointment tel. 01294 323226
WHY DO PEOPLE COME TO OUR CLINICS?
- Contraception – including emergency contraception and condoms
- Cervical smear tests
- Pregnancy testing
- Advice about planning a pregnancy
- Counselling and referral for termination of pregnancy
- Sexually transmitted infections- testing, treatment and information
- HIV information & testing
- Hepatitis B testing and vaccination
- Hepatitis C testing and Info
- Sexual problems
- Information/ advice about sexual health issues
All our services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL. You can telephone and make an appointment for yourself. You can download a copy of the Directory of Sexual Health Services in Ayrshire.
NHS Ayrshire and Arran Sexual Health Department has achieved bronze LGBT Charter award
The clinic staff work as a team to provide the services described above
The core team consists of doctors and nurses who have qualifications in Sexual and Reproductive Health, assisted by clerical staff who make appointments and organise the casenotes. At some clinics there are:
- Health Advisors who provide support, advice and information on sexually transmitted infections, and can help contact partners who need to come for tests and treatment
- Lab staff who test specimens for infections.
There are two consultants in the department.
All clinics have female doctors and nurses.
All the staff in the clinic work to a strict code of confidentiality and are forbidden to reveal your personal information to anyone else without your permission.
Sometimes we have trainees at the clinics. These are qualified Doctors and Nurses who are working for extra qualifications in sexual and reproductive health. You will be asked if you agree to a trainee being present at your consultation. It is your choice, and the service you receive will not be affected whatever your decision.
ADVICE & INFORMATION
The department has an advice line available Monday to Friday during our opening hours. If no-one is available immediately, we can arrange to call you back or suggest a better time for you to call. Please call 01294 323226.
Additional Contraception Information
Ogg Pharmacy, 44 Newmarket Street, Ayr, KA7 1LR
Emergency contraception available Monday – Friday 09.00 – 5.30pm and Saturday 09.00 – 4.00pm. Sexual Health and Contraception advise clinic times are – Monday – Thursday 09.00 – 5.30pm
Ayr Road, Prestwick
Wednesday afternoons from 2pm to 5.30pm
Or ask the pharmacy team by calling 01292 478244
Sexual Health and Contraception clinic run by Claire Cairns available on a Wednesday